The 2019 IALEP conference starts the evening of Monday, September 9th with an opening reception, and wraps up with a round table breakfast on Friday, September 13th. The conference will be held at the Metropolitan at the 9 in downtown Cleveland.
Registration is easy! Please complete the online registration form (link above).
IALEP Members: Log into the “member portal” to purchase your registration from the “Market”.
Non-Members: To register for the conference, you must first become an IALEP member at the special 2019 annual rate of $50. Go to www.ialep.org and “Join Today”.
Registration Fees: The full registration fee of $475 for IALEP members includes continental breakfast and refreshment breaks throughout the week, All Members Luncheon on Tuesday, and Thursday Awards Night Banquet Dinner.
Single-day registration options are available for $100 ($65 for students), which includes breakfast and refreshment breaks throughout that day (not lunch or dinner).
Single-day attendees and/or Companions are welcome to join conference delegates at other events throughout the week for additional fees: Monday evening welcome reception ($30); Tuesday All Members Luncheon ($50); and/or Thursday Evening Awards Banquet Dinner ($75).
If online payment by credit card is not possible, a check (payable to “IALEP”) can be mailed along with a completed registration form to: IALEP Office Manager, PO Box 11437 Torrance CA, 90510-1437, E-mail: email@example.com; Phone: 310-225-5148.
Notes about Registration and Payment (“The Fine Print”):
- Registration closes Friday, August 30, 2019.
- If necessary, you can complete your online Registration Form and follow with payment by check, but the payment must be received at the IALEP Office before August 30, 2019.
- Do not include hotel costs in the registration fees.
- IALEP is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization with a Taxpayer ID number (TIN) is 43-1569519.
- All speakers, topics and activities are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed.
- Substitute attendees are accepted, but please notify IALEP Office as soon as you have determined that a substitution is required. If you transfer your conference registration to a non-IALEP member within your organization, you will be responsible for paying the difference between the member and non-member rates.
- Refunds: Effective November 1, 2014, the IALEP Executive Board approved the following Refund Policy:
- A full refund of the set fee if the registered attendee submits a written cancellation request 45 days or more before event (on or before July 26, 2019), or anytime in event of serious medical issue/death of attendee and/or immediate family;
- A 50% refund of the set fee if the registered attendee submits a written cancellation request between 45 days and two weeks prior to the event (on or before August 23, 2019);
- No refund of the set fee if the registered attendee submits a cancellation request within two weeks or less of the event (after August 23, 2019);
- Requests for refunds must be sent to the IALEP Office Manager in writing;
- Membership dues are non-refundable.
Accommodations: Metropolitan at the 9 is the conference facility and is located at 2017 E. 9th Street, Cleveland, OH, 44115, (216) 239-1200. Art, history and luxury blend seamlessly at this iconic downtown Cleveland hotel. A member of the Marriott’s Autograph Collection, this property features modern luxury, with live entertainment in Alex Theater, historic bank vaults for wining and dining, a rooftop lounge, an award-winning restaurant, an indoor dog park and sumptuous hotel rooms and suites.
Reservations for conference accommodations are to be made by individual attendees directly with Marriott reservations at 1(888) 236-2427 or (216) 239-1200 under the group name “International Association of Law Enforcement Planners (IALEP) Annual Conference”, or online at “Book your group rate for International Association of Law Enforcement Planner“. The special group rate for Standard King or Double Queen guestroom is $169.00 per night, with a cut-off date on or before August 18, 2019. This special rate includes complimentary WI-FI in your guestroom and in the meeting space.
Airport and Other Transportation:
If you are flying into Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (known as CHIA within the Cleveland Division of Police), you have several options to get to downtown. You can rent a car at CHIA and drive into downtown. You can take a taxi cab, there are always plenty waiting. You can take an Uber, Lift, or similar services. You could also take the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) train to Tower City in downtown. The Metropolitan at the 9 (East 9th between Prospect and Euclid Avenues) is approximately 9 blocks from Tower City.
Once you are in downtown: You can travel around downtown on foot, taxi cab, Uber (or similar services), or use RTA. RTA has a free service (Ride free with a smile) in downtown using several green trolleys on select routes (http://www.riderta.com/).
You can use the Destination Cleveland App as your guide to “art, culture and rock ‘n’ roll in a city that doesn’t take itself too seriously. Grit meets sophistication in a town with world-class experiences without the world-class ego. And for that, you’re welcome.”
Parking: The hotel offers overnight valet parking for $36 and day time valet parking for $20. There is no self-parking offered by the hotel, however, there are multiple self-parking garages around the hotel. Check Google maps for the latest: